Class RK1 are non-renewable fuses that conform to UL 198E. Current ratings range from 0A to 600A, with voltage ratings of 250VAC and 600VAC (DC ratings are also available). They have an interrupting rating of 200kA rms symmetrical (300kV symmetrical also available) and are closely related to the RK1 fuse.
Class RK1 fuses are actually Class K-1 fuses with ferrules and knife blades modified to conform to Class R rejection requirements. The grooved ring in the ferrule and the slot in the knife blade, when used in conjunction with special fuseholders designed to accept Class R fuses only, prevent interchanging of any other fuse class with the installed Class R fuse.
The fuses must be labeled "Current Limiting" and can be labeled "Time Delay", indicating that they meet the optional time-delay test by not opening in less than 10 seconds at 500% of fuse ampere rating.
- High current limitation for low peak let-thru current
- Rejection feature prevents replacement errors
- Fast Acting
- Low I2T
- Solution for high-fault circuits
- Branch and feeder circuits
- AC Drives
- Load centers
- Panel boards and Switchboards
- Non-inductive loads
- General purpose applications including lighting and heating
- Ferraz Shawmut